Monday, July 28, 2014

Heard Back from Someone!

After probably three dozen resumes sent out, I finally heard back from a potential employer! And actually signed with a human-like name!

"We have reviewed your application. Unfortunately, you are not the right fit for the position at this time. I wish you the best of luck in your job search."
No, not the kind of email you want to read first thing in the morning. Yes, one can (and did) descend into the, "No one is going to hire an old fart like me," and worse places. But one can rise above it all!

One can spend an hour creating a crock pot dish (aka 'slow cooker' if one is sensitive about the other name being a brand name having come into accepted American lexicon, not unlike, "Kleenex," "Coke," and, "Google," the latter of which can be many forms of speech, which is remarkable if not unique in linguistic evolution). I made a version of Julia Child's Boefe Bourguignon without even attempting to pronounce it. Tasty in the taste test.  The Maureen, "Yum!" will determine if the recipe makes its way into my recipe notebook.

Not satisfied with going hungry for six to eight hours, I made myself chili cheese dogs for lunch. No small wonder my jeans are getting tight. Finally, after exhausting all other far more entertaining options, I got to work fixing the corner joint in the bathroom so I could add sheet rock repair to my professional portfolio. I can tell you this:  The YouTube tutorial was informative and helpful but it must take some time to develop the touch. Good thing the dried mud is sandable.


No comments:

Post a Comment